Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Sad Day

I learned yesterday that Estelle Getty passed away. Of course I was shocked, then I thought about it and was like "she was 84, what was I expecting." Damn she was funny on the Golden Girls.

I thought I'd put some of my favorite lines here:

Dorothy: Well Blanche is certainly taking her sister's novel better than I would. I would kill my sister Gloria if she ever wrote about my sex life.
Sophia: You would kill your sister over a pamphlet?
----
Blanche: I have writer's block. It's the worst feeling in the world.
Sophia: Try ten days without a bowel movement sometime.
----
"Picture it, Sicily..."
----
"Hey Puh-feiffer, how would you like a punch in your puh-face?"
----
"Beat it, you 50-year-old mattress! "
---
"Fasten your seatbelt, slut puppy. This ain't gonna be no cakewalk!"
---
"Ah yes all my kids make the right choices. My son was a cross dresser and my daughter was unmarried and knocked up. Hell, I was the Rose Kennedy of Brooklyn"
---
"I lived eighty, eighty-one years, I survived two world wars, pneumonia, a stroke and two operations. One night I'll belch, and Stable Mabel here will blow my head off!"

No comments: