Wednesday, August 24, 2005

ROBERT GRAVES IS MY HERO

I went to the Darcy McGees last week Friday and discovered they have a kick ass free Happy Hour Buffet. So I just decided that I'd like to take all my readers out to dinner on Friday evening, say about 6 p.m., Darcy McGees, near the corner of Franklin and Chippewa. Meet me near the buffet, and bring your own plate. The ones they give you are much to small to fill you up, and I don't want you to go away hungry. And remember - this is my treat. If you are extra nice, there will be a glass of water in it for you too!

Tonight is the sail on the Moondance - I'm excited. Except we had some last minute cancellations. Don't get me wrong - I know things creep up. Kids, families, sicknesses, cramps, all that stuff. But somehow someone telling me "A quick note to let you know that I will be unable to attend Moondance tonight. Sorry!!" just doesn't do it for me. First of all, it was sent at 2:47. You just found out at 2:45 you couldn't go? OK fine. Well give me a good excuse then. And don't send me a "quick note." Explain to me why I now have to explain to 36 other people that the price is going to be extra (five hours before we sail) cause you and your husband are a bunch of flakes. Somehow the quick note just doesn't do it. I need answers. The truth! I can handle the truth!

In other news - I think I'm becoming a pizza snob. I used to just think it was all good, but lately I'm becoming this snooty connoisseur who eats a piece and says "Oh, no, this just won't do." Don't get me wrong people, I eat it still. But my heart just isn't into it. I think to myself "oh how I wish this was from Picassos!" It remains my favorite from a Pizzeria, with Pizza Hut my favorite from a restaurant. And I know you are thinking "Pizza Hut? Be you sick Lori?" I just love it! I think it's the deep fried goodness on the bottom, cause Pan is my favorite. You can take that thin crust and return it right back to the buffet where you got it from thank you very much.

Well, I must bid you adeiu as my eye patch needs to be picked up from the cleaners. Ahoy maties!

No comments: