Monday, June 06, 2005

Tag This

Before you go tagging me, I'm already done....

1.) Total number of books I have owned:

Does this include children’s books? Cause LoriV was a big-time freakazoid over the Babysitter Club and Sweet Valley High (and Twins) books, so I had about 250 right there. And Little House on the Prairie, that’s the ticket. And Nancy Drew, can’t forget that bitch. Made me wonder who the person whodunit was for 200 pages when I knew the secret was in the old chest all along.

So that is a lot. I guess I’d have to say about 900. Add the above, the random RL Steins, the stupid school books, and all the books I keep buying now and never reading, I’m way up there.

2.) The last book I bought:

I purchased two books in the same shot from Amazon to save on the price. One was U2 & I by Anton Corbin, U2’s photographer for the past 20 years. Great book, but really pricey, so I can’t see a lukewarm fan buying it. They can borrow mine, but don’t touch it, your fingers have destructive oils.

I also bought Conversations with Bono, written by a lucky bastard who got to sit with Bono and conversate with him about everything and anything. Jerk.

3.) The last book I read:

The last book I read was Conversations with Bono, but I’m still reading it.

The last book I read to completion was a cheesy Sandra Brown novel that I finished in one night cause I was bored. It was probably called Heaven's Wish or Temptation's Kiss. I wish I could tell you I read something really important or meaningful instead of a tale of a 28 year old, gorgeous, successful, business woman who just happens to be a virgin but then meets the man of her dreams who at first she doesn’t like, but then she falls for him. And to tell you the God’s honest truth, I read this book and another book by Sandra Brown in the same week and they BOTH had that plotline!

4.) Five books that mean a lot to me:

Let me preface by saying that Carl’s list had all these insightful books – some classics, a book of poems. Being that I was in the retard English Class we didn’t have to read the classics, so I have gone my entire life without reading Catcher in the Rye, To Kill a Mockingbird and For Whom the Bell Tolls. So I don’t have a big list of books that I particularly think MEAN anything to me, just ones that I like.

They are (and in no order)

U2 - At the End of the World: The best U2 biography written (it follows them from the recording of Achtung Baby to the completion of the ZooTV Tour, from 1990-1994.) It’s my standby book – if I don’t have anything else to read I bring this on vacation. I’ve read it at least 10 times. Rock on Bill Flanagan!

Little House on the Prairie - Farmer Boy: My favorite in the series, the story of young Almanzo Wilder growing up in the Dakotas and getting his first calf. I did a book report on this book I loved it so much. Rock on Laura Ingalls Wilder!

Forever: Now if you didn’t read this I’m not sure how you knew about, um, you know what! Rock on Judy Blume!

The Partner: The first John Grisham book I ever read – and one that I thought was so good I couldn’t bear to put it in garage sale fodder. You rock on John – rock on for staying on the shelf for two years!

Becoming a Public Relations Writer: Who knew I’d put a school book on this list – but it was really good and I still refer to it when I’m stuck. Plus I give it to the interns from the school that shall not be named when I need them to write something. The school rhymes with Felicious.

5. Tag five people and have them fill this out on their blogs:

No No, it's OK cause I'm not going to tag you. If you want to fill it out, rock on!