Saturday, March 26, 2005

People are Pissing Me Off

In light of this nice Easter weekend and reminder of Jesus dying for us (see yesterday's post about Meatless Fridays), I still find myself focusing on stupid mundane details of a bad week and the people who piss me off. Pissing me off the most right now is Raymour & Flanigan, one of the sponsors of the Komen Race who is making the Race PR committee miserable right now with demands of changes on marketing collateral. If you see a Raymour and Flanigan this weekend in your travels, egg it for me. Actually if you read this weeks from now and see a R&F after that, egg it again, those bastards deserve it. They make me want to shop at Valu City, and I don't care if the furniture will fall apart in a year, it'll be worth it just so that I'll feel vindicated.

So I'm celebrating the day before Easter by sitting on my ass. Earlier I watched some Alias Season 1 and now I think I'm going to take a nice nap. I want to be refreshed so that I won't get tired searching for my Easter Basket tomorrow morning. Imagine my horror that one year when I stayed up all night and then when I went looking for it I fell asleep on the floor of the bathroom. I think that was the year I got the Michael Jackson Thriller Album - what was it, 82 maybe? I also got the Smurf's Smurfing Singsong Album - that was the bomb. It had "I'm a Pink Toothbrush, You're a Blue Toothbrush" on it. That's what I'm talkin' bout!

U2 tour opens in two more days. I hope I find out from the other obsessed fans what the set list is like, it's always nice to know what's coming so I'll know if I can leave for Nachos.

OK OF course I'm kidding, like I'd leave that show for Nachos. They aren't Dave Matthews Band.

True story - I have heard from a reliable source (Jane) that they stopped selling beer after the 2nd song DMB played at one of their shows at the Ralph and once she and her friend sobered up that show got real bad, real quick. Of course I believe it - they are hosers...

Peace and Happy Easter!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey LV...watch what you say about DMB! Their show rocks! Anyway, they stopped selling beer to cut down on the drunk drivers leaving the show. How much more politically correct can you get?

Lori said...

Child, please. The reason they stop selling the beer is so they can TELL you that they want to cut down on drunk drivers (so they can SAY they are PC.) In all actuality, they know the truth.

Their fans don't have jobs and sit out all day in the parking lot drinking beer and strumming their acoustic guitars practicing up for their DMB tribute bands. Oh, and they smoke up too, lest we forget the weed. By the time they enter the show it would probably take a good 10 hours for their drunkeness to wear off, must less their 'buzz' to wear off. Don't be fooled my friend, Dave knows the truth and so do I.

Oh, and when I say their fans don't have jobs, I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about those hosers that drive around with the DMB stickers on their cars (you aren't one of them are you??)

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » » »