Monday, March 18, 2013

Armagetthehelloutofhere

You know that movie Armageddon? You know what burns my ass?  That guy Chic is about to go into space, so he goes to see his son and his ex is all "you can't come around here, the courts say you can't." Then he saves the world and bitch comes to NASA to welcome him home?  Oh, so he's good enough for you to take his money each month (he works on an oil rig for God's sake, you know Harry Stamper is paying him well, they are BFFs, so you know he's sending support!)  But he's not good enough to see his own kid until he saves the planet?

Now if it were me, I'd be all "bitch, talk to the hand."

But Chic's too much of a good guy, of course he's happy to see the kid, then he hugs her too.

Then there's me on the couch "look at this bitch, who let her in, where's NASA security when you need it?"

As you can tell, I've thought about this a lot. Probably too much.  But it's one of my favorite movies, so I've seen it like 50 times.  Yet it still bothers me.  15 years later for crying out loud.

I need to let things go.

No comments: