Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Day? More like Eat Day!

Fantastic start to my Leap Day. 

Had my first ever mammogram.  It was quick, it was painless, and Windsong Radiology had bowls of Hershey Kisses everywhere I turned.  Fantastico!  Best of all -everything AOK, I don't have to go back for five years.  Holla boo boo honey child.

Next up, a delicious breakfast sandwich with sausage, egg and cheese on a COSTANZO'S roll.  Delicioso! I ate 3/4 of it before I threw in the proverbial towel. 

Fast forward an hour when a meeting broke and trays and trays of Paula's Donuts were leftover.  Booyaa!  I took a 1/2 and ate about 2/3.  Superb! (I'd throw in another foreign word here but I used them all up on my explanations above.) 

Moments later Buffalo Bills Linebacker Arthur Moats comes through the building to thank staff for our support of the United Way.  I stopped him for a photo and he was happy to oblidge.  Best of all? No dinosaurs busted out of the foliage behind us to snap at our heads!


Here's where the day goes downhill. 

I made some toast in the cafeteria (only $0.65 for two huge slices of rye) and I got fancy (lazy) and put them in the long way, causing them to get stuck in the rolly toaster, thereby almost burning down the joint. 

Next up, I learn Davey Jones died.  I was just listening to those crazy Monkees the other day.  66?  That's too young to go.  Unless you're a musician I don't like (Henry Rollins, I'm talking to you.)

I soothe my soul with some Hershey's Bliss (since I didn't have any Kisses at the Windsong, I have SOME rules about candy!)  I have a handful of animal crackers.  Nothing will ease the pain of this loss.

Fast forward to 3 p.m. where I get the shakes becuase the only protein I've gotten the entire day was in the breakfast sandwich I ate 7 hours earlier which was followed only by complex carbohydrates.  I ate 1/2 of a protein brownie.  I felt better.  I realized I had many hours before the end of this day which started at 6:10 a.m. (I usually sleep until 6:55.)  I kept it together - you know for the kids (or because crying mid-day at your desk cause you went to bed too late the night before is kind of frowned upon.)

I have to go now.  I'm sure somewhere out there is something I haven't eaten yet (piece of pizza fallen on the floor, half eaten bologna sandwich in a trash can.)

2 comments:

Annalisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lori said...

Sadly, this comment was removed, but not before an email was sent to me so I could read it and I pissed my panties laughing. Elise, whoever you are, wherever you are, I'm glad you did what you did. You made my day.

Original comment goes "lori, i met henry rollins... and you will be glad to know... my first words were OMG YOUR HENRY ROLLENS!! NO... my first words were HOLY SHIT YOUR SHORTER THAN ME... he was unamused. "