Thursday, May 18, 2006

I LOVE THE INTERNET!

Did you ever have one of those days when you were bored and wanted to surf the web but it seems like there was NOTHING that you could find that was interesting? Well today isn't one of those days!

First, I was sent a link about someone named Brandon Davis (I think) dissing on Lindsey Lohan and Paris Hilton was with him giggling like a mother fucker cause she thought it was just hilarious that he decided to walk along the street on their way to wherever they were going and talk bad about her for no reason. I remember when people I knew used to do that. That was back when I was 15! If you would like to see the article and watch the video, click here!

Note: I have no idea who Brandon Davis is, but the article says he's a millionaire, the grandson of some late millionaire who I guess left him some money. I guess he forgot to pass on "a clue" to young Brandon.

Anoter note: Someone pointed out to me about an hour ago that at least Lindsey Lohan does work. And he has a good point. I'm not crazy about her, but she does have a bunch of movies under her belt. What is Paris doing? As my friend put it, she hit the genetic lottery, and boy, do I agree!

Next up, I scrolled down to the bottom of that page and saw something about Bono. Of course, I clicked on it. BONO GOT A HAIRCUT!!!!!!!! Hot diggety! That isn't what the article was about, only myself and a few other Bono fans get excited about that stuff. This was about Bono posing with some cell phones and I guess the company is helping out with the African Debt. The title of the article was Bono and Motorola Do Red. When I first read it I thought "Oh, he's been hanging out with more models" because I thought the name Motorola Do Red was someone's name. It isn't!

You can see the article by clicking here. Also, you can view the comments of a young man named rob enderle who is scathing about Bono's humanitarian efforts. I don't know what Bono did to him, but he is MAD! rob refers to Bono as "a tool used to give white people some sense that they are doing something while at the same time making sure that mulinationals that rape and pillage the planet still can do it with a clean conscience." Dude, get out of the bitter barn and come play in the hay...

Coincidentally, it drives me bonkers when people post things on websites and don't capitalize their name. If you are going to take the time to post, you can take the time to hit "shift" when typing the R and E in your name! In any case, I just commented back to him, but it's being reviewed before it gets posted. Good thing my salty language didn't come out.

Onward and upward.

After reading about Bono (and his haircut) I stumbled onto the Blender Magazine Website when the article "The 50 Worst Things Ever to Happen to Music" caught my eye. If you want to read it, click here. It was OK. Not great, not bad. But then I spied with my little eye the 50 Worst Songs Ever! To my horror, I have like all of them on my Itunes, or on CD. Is this some kind of sick joke? Or do I just like bad music? Or a little bit of both. I notice that they poked fun of all the music that they would never talk about in Blender. You didn't see any mention of a bad Nirvana song, no mocking of Good Charlotte or Blink 182, but you know that ALL their songs weren't good! But I digress. The song "The Final Countdown" by Europe is on that list. Wait until I tell Jane, she'll be outraged. Actually, I'm torn up. They used to blare that out of large speakers when I went to the Barnabas Lawn Fete each year when I was like 10, and I thought it was way cool. I obviously have lot to learn.

Anyway, if you go to the Blender Site they have a whole bunch of other lists, including:

The 50 Worst Artists in Music History!

500 CDs You Must Own Before You Die!

The 50 Most Awesomely Dead Rock Stars! and;

The 500 Greatest Songs Since You Were Born! Not to ruin anything, but Billy Jean was number one. Yeah, that video was the freaking bomb! Number 2 was the song B.O.B by Outkast. Um, OK. Number 3 is Sweet Child of Mine by Guns N' Roses. OK I agree with them there, but I'm not digging on number 2.

Oh, I just scrolled down and number 4 is One by U2.

I LOVE BLENDER!

I LOVE THE INTERNET!

All is right with the world.