Monday, April 17, 2006

I Can't Remember

OK so I can't remember if I wrote about this already, but I don't THINK I did...I might have just complained to everyone about it in person...and I'm not complaining because it's been so long. But anyway, I was looking through the archives, and remember when I was in my "I Wish I Could Quit You" phase? Well I had completely forgotten about that. Probably cause I watched the movie Jarhead and now when I think about Jake I think "ohh raaa." No, maybe not. Probably cause I'D BEEN SAYING IT WRONG THE ENTIRE FREAKING TIME!

I finally saw Brokeback Mountain about a month ago, maybe even more, I can't remember. I can't even remember who I went to see it with, so no offense to that person. There is a lot of forgetting going on here. But there is something I remember. I remember this. The big buildup to my favorite line occured, and when Jake finally said it I went "WTF?? I've been saying it wrong." So the line is actually "I wish I KNEW HOW TO Quit You." But I've been running around for months like a freaking jerk saying I Wish I Could Quit you! And frankly, I've gotten pretty good at it. I bet people think it's really Jake standing there when I say it...I do my best voice. So anyway, I asked around and people seemed to like my line better, it just flowed more nicely, except that doesn't matter...I can't be making my own lines up. It's just wrong. So I have stopped saying it, and I've moved on to calling children "puddin'" cause I saw that in a TV show. Come on now, that's perfect, you see some little girl with pudgy cheeks - hey puddin'! Hahah.

On a side note, as I wrote the title of this entry, I Can't Remember, I'm brought back to a memory of Ozzy Osborne on Howard Stern. They got into a discussion of 9/11 and Ozzy was saying how it was just such a shock and Howard said "Yeah, that's one of those days you just never forget where you were or what you were doing," and Ozzy said "Yeah, Yeah," and Howard said "What were you doing that day?" and Ozzy said, in his Ozzy accent, "I can't remember." Well WTF, how do you not remember what you were doing on 9/11? In any case, when you do read this, say "I can't remember" in your best Ozzy voice!