Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Pshhh - Please

I just read this article on MSNBC.com. OK it was in the Gossip section of MSNBC.com, but still....
John Travolta doesn’t suffer from lack of ego. The “Wild Hogs” star recently boasted that he was as big a star as Elvis Presley and Marilyn Monroe — but didn’t suffer the same fate as them because of his values and religion.

“I have fame on the level of a Marilyn Monroe or an Elvis, but part of the reason I didn’t go the way they did was because of my beliefs,” Travolta told the Irish Independent.

The star went on to credit his sometimes controversial religion for the difference between his fate and theirs.

He goes on to talk about Scientology and how people judge it and such. The rest of the article is here

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18024482/

In any case, I read it and thought "WTF is that cracker talking about?" The fame of Elvis? Psshhh - please. I am having trouble writing right now, because I just read it and shook my head going Dude, WTF...

I would hardly say he has the fame of Elvis. Now I know I wasn't around when Elvis was big, and I know he was down a bit in the 60's when he made that same movie 33 times and the only thing that changed was the sideburns, but he came back with a vengance. Hello, 68 Comeback Special anyone??? Maybe THAT is what John was talking about - his comeback in Pulp Fiction. But I am willing to bet when John goes to meet the maker, they won't be:
  • Referring to him as "The King;"
  • Putting his face on towels, magnets, clocks and postage stamps;
  • Burying him in his backyard; and
  • Opening the home for the public.

You wanna know WHY I am willing to bet? Cause I've seen Look Who's Talking Now and I know he should have stopped at the first one!!!

In other news...

Lionel Ritchie once again proves he's a big asshole.

Angelina's mother proves she is one too - but from the grave...

Nerd's break open Piggy Banks as latest Harry Potter book to hit shelves

and finally

Does anyone else out there NOT give a shit about that dude on Idol with the mohawk?

No comments: