Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Pork: The One You Love

On Sunday I took four pork tenderloins out of the freezer for Sunday dinner.  Well who knew they wouldn't defrost until 9 that night?  So they became Monday dinner, slow cooking all day (in BBQ Sauce) in the crock pot.  But guess what?  Duncan doesn't like pulled pork!  And momma wasn't home for dinner, so only two people ate it.  So there's a ton left.  A TON.

Today I instructed my husband to conduct a pulled pork eating contest to get rid of the leftovers.  He said he would stop off and buy some Costanzo's Rolls. I told him "No, just pork. No sides, no buns, just pork."  Does he not get the point of a pulled pork eating contest? I'm not serving any sides! I don't want room taken up in their stomach by starch!  No slaw, no cornbread, no nothing.  You just eat the pulled pork until you can't eat anymore.  Then you puke and rally.

I'm telling you.  I gotta do everything!  I gotta announce the contest, then I gotta set the rules for the contest.

No rest for the wicked.

No comments: